Chatham/Savannah Continuum of Care
The Chatham County Continuum of Care (CoC) is represented by the board members of the Chatham Savannah Authority for the Homeless (CSAH). This 21- member board (as designated in the 1989 Authority founding) became a 501 C3 nonprofit organization in 1993. This board represents the CoC and provides governance for CSAH.
New board members are being added in 2018 to fill positions left vacant in 2017 because of priority alignment at CSAH related to mission focus...To lead the effort to build and sustain community practices to eliminate homelessness.
At present this focus is in the following areas:
- Work with the City of Savannah and the County of Chatham to increase the supply of affordable/workforce housing.
- Build the capacity of nonprofit service providers who serve the homeless population particularly in the areas of deep collaboration and facility needs.
- Complete phase I of the Tiny House Project (The Cove at Dundee) to house 24 homeless veterans in 2018.
We are seeking board members to fill positions on the CSAH/CoC board. Priorities include;
- Persons who serve on nonprofit homeless service provider boards.
- City of Savannah and County of Chatham elected officials.
- Leadership representatives from local health care providers providing indigent care.
- Persons with affordable/workforce housing development expertise.
Interested parties should send a resume and cover letter to Cindy Kelley, email@example.com
. This information will be reviewed by the CSAH/CoC board. All inquires will be responded to. Please request confirmation for items emailed.
Questions may be directed to the same at 912.644.7945.
The CSAH/CoC board meets every other month. A CoC community forum is held at least twice annually to hear from community residents and present speakers who share knowledge about the issues of affordable housing and homelessness in our community.